Established in the 1940’s, Paxson Oil Company is a third-generation family owned and operated business headquartered in Saginaw, Michigan.
Founders Avery and Evelyn Paxson bought their first location in Freeland, Michigan from Gulf Oil Co. Avery and Evelyn expanded their operation to a gas station and office on North Michigan Avenue in Saginaw. Gas stations in Bay City, Birch Run, Chesaning and Essexville were added from the 1940’s through the 1970’s. Some say Avery invented the concept of “free items” with a purchase. He was frequently heard on local radio commercials replying to “What’s free today Avery”.
In 1985, Paxson Oil Company purchased a service station in St Charles and converted it into a convenience store.
In 1986, a fire completely destroyed Paxson Oil Company's main office on N. Michigan in Saginaw. Company headquarters are now located at 6395 Normandy Drive in Saginaw Township.
In 1994, Paxson Oil Company purchased 5 acres of farm field at the corner of Mackinaw Rd and U.S. 10 in Bay County, Michigan. Soon after the 8th Fast Pax Food Store was opened.
Fast Pax Auto Bath, a full line car wash facility including touch free,automatic soft cloth and self service bays opened in 2007.
Paxson Oil Company also continues to market home heating oil, diesel and gasoline to residential, farm, distributors, wholesale and retail customers.